Severna Park Elder Law Attorney
The Severna Park elder law attorneys here at Frame & Frame routinely assist seniors in a wide variety of legal issues. From guardianships and long term care planning to Veterans benefits eligibility and estate planning, the landscape of elder law is ever-changing and complex, and our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to help you and your loved ones achieve the best possible outcome.
The Broad Range of Elder Law Topics
With an advancing age comes an array of legal issues that should, ideally, be dealt with before an older person becomes incapable of making their own legal decisions. The following are some of the most common concerns that older Maryland residents have, and are areas of elder law that we can assist you or your loved one with:
- As the cost of healthcare increases from year to year, and prescription medications sometimes increase a thousand fold overnight, medical worries are one of the leading topics of concern for the elderly. Paying for high-quality healthcare and not going bankrupt is something that an attorney can help you with through the creation of trusts.
- Another common concern that we regularly assist clients with is long-term care planning. According to a survey, 60 percent of senior citizens believe that the younger generation today is less supportive of older people than their own generation was, as reported by S. News & World Report. Whether that is true or not, the fact remains that a large percentage of older people will spend some time in an assisted living facility, nursing home, or independent living senior center as opposed to moving in with children.
- Asset protection is greatly important to older people who have worked and saved a lifetime to get to where they are today. Creating various trusts may be an important part of your estate plan that an attorney can help you modify or create. From Medicaid planning to creating revocable trusts and simple wills, an attorney can help you create financial stability for your loved ones when you pass away.
We Provide all of the Following Elder Law Legal Services
- Legal guardianship;
- Long-term care planning;
- Help with choosing the best senior care facility or nursing home;
- Creation of and modification of estate plans, including wills, revocable trusts, special needs trusts, and irrevocable trusts;
- Advance healthcare directives;
- Power of attorney;
- Asset protection;
- Veterans benefit eligibility;
- Probate and estate administration; and
- Protection from elder abuse and exploitation.
Reach Out to Our Elder Law Attorneys for Experienced, Caring Legal Help Today
Because the statutes governing elder law change frequently and are often incredibly complex, it is in your best interest to work with an attorney who has a focus on assisting clients within elder law. The trusted Severna Park elder law attorneys of Frame & Frame have assisted countless older people and their families with their specific needs, and always strive to create results in the best interests of our clients. Reach out to our Severna Park law offices today for assistance.