Learning how to use certain types of technology and electronic devices can be overwhelming, which is unfortunate because there are many useful applications that can help make seniors’ lives easier and more enjoyable. Here are some of the best apps for seniors. These apps provide benefits for healthcare, a way to securely store legal information, and a way to track your parents if they suffer from dementia or Alzheimers.
- EyeReader—EyeReader is a useful app for those times when your magnifying glass gets left behind. Hold your iPhone over a book or magazine and the text is magnified on your phone’s screen.
- ePlan365 – This proprietary platform offered by Frame & Frame, to our estate planning clients, provides an easy way to store important information and legal documents. Information can be accessed by whom you choose, for the scenarios you decide. It also stores healthcare directives and powers of attorneys.
- Pillboxie—Remembering to take pills can be a challenge. Recalling the dosages of a dozen or more pills at different times throughout the day can be daunting. This may be why the World Health Organization has found that only half of patients in developed countries adhere to their treatment regimens, according to imedicalapps. Here is an app that provides a visual reminder of which pills to take and when.
- Tile—The average American spends 2.5 days, or 60 full hours, searching for lost items every year, according to PR News Wire. Seniors are likely to spend even more days per year searching for misplaced keys, wallets, and other items. Tile is an app that can help you keep track of small or large objects.
- Find My iPhone—Another app for keeping tabs on your phone is Find My iPhone. Calling your lost phone using another phone does not work if the volume is off or too low or if it is tucked away in a place far from where you are calling.
- Life360 – another great app to locate your parents in a moment’s notice.
- Red Panic Button—This app sends an emergency message to your contacts when you push the button on your phone. It is a great safety measure for seniors who have health complications, poor balance or forgetful.
- WebMD—Staying informed about your personal health is one of the best ways to keep healthy and make the right decisions. WebMD is a great app for learning about various medical conditions. It can help empower you to understand treatment options that you can discuss with your doctor or that your doctor has recommended.
The Maryland Elder Law Attorneys at Frame & Frame Can Help
Equipping yourself with the best apps for seniors is just part of being prepared for the future. The elder law attorneys at Frame & Frame can help you with a variety of other important problems and solutions, such as long-term care planning, Medicaid planning, guardianships, retirement benefits, and much more. To speak to a Maryland elder law attorney at no cost, call our law offices at 410-255-0373 to schedule a consultation.